Prosper Antwi Bosiako
Coevahcop, Team Leader
HOW IT ALL STARTED
In Februray 2012, a vision and mission was thus given to me by God to use my work to do things in a different way for man and the world in which we live. The mission was to assemble dedicated disciples of Jesus from all walks of life, who faithfully and sacrificially will give their time, talents and treasures to grow and support unsaved, individuals and vulnerable groups within remote communities in Ghana. Accordingly, I discussed and shared the vision with Mr. Seth Appiah-Kubi (National Director, A Rocha Ghana). His very words to me on that faithful day were the exact words of the famous Holmer “There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up”. With this inspiring words, and the Rule of Taize that inspires us to “Be a ferment of unity”, I contacted equal minded friends: Stephen Ofori, Daniel Kweitsu Obloni, Bright Appiah and Jeffrey Opoku Nyame to design a framework that will guide the implementation of this vision. After several hours of collective brainstorming, Daniel proposed the name: COEVAHCOP an acronym for Community Evangelism Health and Conservation Programme. This name embodied and defined the 4 thematic areas of the vision: Christian Evangelism, Primary Health Care, Material Support and Environmental Conservation Education.
Colossians 3: 17 And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him
Touching lives in our communities and nations, the God way.
We do not want to waste our lives; we want to spend them serving the Living God in ways that will last into eternity. As Christians, we think that this happens as we:
Teach all that God has commanded.
Grow as disciples in repentance & faith.
Go and reach the communities and nations around us with the gospel.
To proclaim the Gospel with signs and wonders in local and world-wide evangelistic campaigns, to equip the Body of Christ to be effective soul-winners and provide humanitarian help to people and communities through the power of the Holy Spirit in Christ Jesus.
Program Specific Goals
The main goal of ‘COEVAHCOP’ is to stimulate behavioural change and local action among local Christian communities and their large social network for spiritual growth, health care and environmental sustainability.
of all GIFTS
What We Believe
- “THE BIBLE” is the inspired and only infallible and authoritative written Word of God (II Tim. 3:15-17). There is ONE GOD, eternally existent in three Persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- Everything God has created is good. God is therefore mindful of nature even as He is mindful of people.
- The Deity of our LORD JESUS CHRIST, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His earthly miracles, His vivid and atoning death, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right Hand of the Father, His personal future return to this earth in power and glory to rule are unbeatable.
- In the BLESSED HOPE – the rapture of the Church at Christ’s second coming.
- The only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the precious BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST.
- Regeneration by the HOLY SPIRIT is essential for personal salvation.
- The redemptive work of Christ on THE CROSS provides healing for the body in response to believing prayer.
- The BAPTISM IN THE HOLY SPIRIT, according to Acts 2:4, is given to believers who ask for it, with the evidence of “speaking in tongues”.
- In the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is able to live a HOLY LIFE.
- In the RESURRECTION of both the saved and the lost, the one to everlasting life and the other to everlasting damnation.
- The Great Commission is the mandate of every child of God and that the Gospel must surely reach every part of the world.
- We love the lord our God and also love our neighbours as ourselves.
- We were commanded to follow all the commands of our God that we may possess the good land and pass it on to our children as inheritance forever (1 Chronicles 28:8).
COEVAHCOP is growing in size, complexity, and influence over the years, and, by God's grace, the gospel of Jesus Christ is being preached to millions of people around the communities and nations, whiles touching their lives through material support, free health service, environmental and/or conservation education
The First Coevahcop, 2012
“It was the first half of 2012 in the little town of Quashie and Nkwamta in the Asamankese District of Eastern Region of Ghana that the first program was held. A 50 member team preached the gospel and touched lives in the communities. At the end of the first missionary work, 125 individuals rededicated their lives to Christ. Over 500 individuals were supported with clothing and and over 400 individuals screened medically and provided with medications.
As we reflect on the evidence of God’s grace shown to us over the years, words cannot express the depth of our gratitude to the team who have served tirelessly, prayed continuously, and given sacrificially to support Jesus’ mission through preaching the gospel, training and making disciples and touching lives in our communities and nation.